For this activity you will need:
1 pine cone
1. Tie the string to the top of the pine cone and make sure it is secure for hanging.
2. Ask your toddler to help you
put the lard into the bowl.
3. Either using their hands, or using a fork, break the lard down.
4. Add the bird seed and mix
5. Take a small amount of the mixture and carefully push it into the gaps of the pine cone. Continue to do this
until the whole pine cone is full.
6. Hang the pine cone outside on a bird feeding station, bird table or tree.